News & Updates
16 Quick and Easy Car Care Tips for Summer
May 26th, 2021
Summer is finally here, which means it’s time to get your car ready for the season! Whether you’re looking for ways to save money by doing some of the work yourself or you want a pro to handle everything so that you can spend more time in the sun, we have got tips and tricks for keeping your vehicle summer-ready and clean and shiny, too!
Summer Car Care Tips for Colorado
Our list of tips is not exhaustive, and we recommend you visit your local mechanic for a fully detailed list relevant to your specific car and lifestyle. These are just a few ideas to get you started, so you can spend more time enjoying the Colorado outdoors and less time on car maintenance!
- Keep your car clean and shiny when you visit one of H2WOW’s car wash locations. You can find us in Littleton, Green Valley Ranch, and Thornton. Find a car wash near you >>
- Upgrade to the WOW! level wash for the five levels of Ceramics with Graphene to protect your car’s paint from UV rays.
- An upgrade to the Protect or WOW! level also includes cleaning road salts off of your car’s undercarriage to reduce the likelihood of rust and damage.
- Keep your car’s gas tank at least half-full to avoid running out of gas.
- Add fuel stabilizer to help keep gasoline fresh during storage.
- Food and drinks left in the car can attract bugs, and sometimes, unwanted wildlife. Empty trash every time you fill up or take advantage of our free vacuums and trash cans when you stop by for a wash.
- Clean the inside of your windshield with water and vinegar to remove dirt, grime, and bugs from the glass and for clear visibility.
- Wipe down the inside of your car with H2WOW’s complimentary dash wipes to remove dirt, dust, and any pollen build-up. Stop by for a quick Dutrion service to disinfect your interior as well!
- Check that your headlights are clean, so people can see you coming.
- Change your oil every 3,000 miles or 6 months – whichever comes first. Get an oil change before summer starts, so you won’t have to worry about it when the heat is on.
- Check your windshield wipers regularly to ensure they are working at peak performance.
- Have your battery tested – if it needs replacing, go ahead and take care of it, especially before heading deep into the mountains.
- Replace any worn-out hoses with new ones for better engine cooling and efficiency.
- Perform a visual inspection of your car for any leaks or other issues.
- Get an A/C check-up, before you need to use it.
- Inspect all fluid levels such as windshield washer fluid and brake fluids before driving long distances.
Stop in and let us take a few of these items off your list including a high-pressure wash, a coat (or five!) of Ceramics with Graphene and a power dry. Our Protect & WOW! levels also include an undercarriage blast and triple action foam. A 10-minute Dutrion treatment can neutralize any unhealthy germs. We can help you keep your car clean this summer, so you can spend your time doing more of what you love.